How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

What is the easiest and cheapest way of putting my partner

Customer Question

What is the easiest and cheapest way of putting my partner of 18 yrs on the deeds of my property so he does not have to pay ridiculous tax when I die . he is much younger than I am and had a bad marriage so the does not want to go there again. His mother died a few weeks ago and although his brother had become her carer there is going to be a problem with the property as she did not leave a will and the home still belongs to her husband who died in a fire 25 yrs ago. I have been ill recently and it was suggested that some of it was to do with the NHS where I was working at the time. I have made a will but I have not had it signed as I don't go out anymore. But hey have so much music in the home it is not all bad Should I just go to the Land Registry?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIs there a mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i have owned it for 16 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am retired but debt free until the next bill of who knows what.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How much is the property worth?