How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

There my ex partner has stared being difficult again

Customer Question

Hello there my ex partner has stared being difficult again with my calling and spending time with my daughter. We've not had any set routine in place for sometime now as have trying to work around the both of us. Unfortunately this no longer seams to be working with her mum swapping weekends to suit her then when it's my weekend cutting short my time with my child I'm also not allowed to contact my daughter when she is with her Nan even for a phone call. So it now come to a point where I'd like joint custody and would like to know how to go about it and my chances of getting it also what sort of cost I'd be looking at to achieve this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I am sorry to hear about the difficulites that you are experieicning with your daughters mother. Please may I ask: - how old is your daughter?- are there any current court orders in place? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No court orders we've tried to stay away from that and my daughter is 7 years old
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Thank you for your response. My sincere apologies for my delay in responding to you this evening. Given the difficulties that you have described - I consider that you should ask the Family Court for a Child Arrangement Order to confirm that time that you spend with your daughter. Please be reassured that it is the position of the Family Court that children are entitled a relationship with both of their parents as long as there are no child protection concerns. The courts also consider that children will benefit from the stability of a routine and knowing the time when they will next see the other parent. It is also the position of the family court that parents should share responsibility and that neither parent has greater rights then the other parent. If shared parenting is possible and in your daughters interests - then a court can approve this. Before you can make an application to court - you have to refer the matter to mediation before you can make an application to the Family Court. This is a new rule and if you dont refer to mediation first then the court will automatically reject your application. If the mother doesn't engage in mediation then the mediator will sign the application form that you need to apply to court to prove that you have attempted mediation. It easy to self refer to mediation. Just google Family Mediation in your area and give them a call to get the ball rolling. The court application form (C100 Form) would be sent to your local family court. The court fee is £215. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further. Kindest Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to star rate my service. Once you have left a star rating your question will stay open and I will be answer your follow up questions for free.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The £215 you mentioned is that just the cost of getting it to court? Would I then have other fees on top of this?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Please accept my apoogies for my delay in responding to you. The £215 is the only court fee payable. You may be eligible for a reduction / remission - dependent on your circumstances. See this form: Kind regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate my service so that we receive credit for helping you today