How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Type ymy uncle is the executor of my nans will. she died in

Customer Question

Type ymy uncle is the executor of my nans will. she died in 2013 and probate was granted in 2014. My brother and I are named in her will as to receiving half of her estate as my dad died before my nan and its stated in her will we were to receive his half. we have a copy of the will and have contacted the solicitor dealing with nans estate who say that it was settled in 2014 and given to my uncle but we are still waiting for our share. His wife keeps making excuses about the money so we are worried she will try and retain as much of it as she can. She has already said my nan was in receipt of a benefit she was not entitled to when she was alive and this needed to be paid back but this is not showing in the solicitors inventory of funds paid out. also there is a cost for a headstone paid out but theres no grave that we no of as nan was cremated and her ashes were still at the funeral parlour so we are worried money will go missingour question here...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you know how much your Uncle received?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In excess of 150,000 with the sale of the house ect
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Your Uncle is personally responsible to you and your brother for your share of the estate and what he has done amounts to theft.As a starting point you should write to him pointing out that this is the case and that you will report it unless you receive the final accounts and the cheque.If you do not hear from him then you will need to contact the Police.Please ask if you need further details