How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

An estate agent rented my house months without me signing

Customer Question

An estate agent rented my house for 8 months without me signing a contract and she hasn't paid me any money. Also some of my belongings were stolen
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like some advice on how to get rent owed, money for my good stolen, and whatever else I am entitled to claim for e.g misrepresentation??.....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
How much are you owed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£17,600 for rent
£24,000 of property stolen
I don't know what else entitled to claim for how much to claim for misrepresentation/damages/Fraud.....
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
How has she come to have stolen £24k of property? Most of us don't own that amount of property.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
electrical goods
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apple mac, leather sofa set, bikes, fridge freezer, TV, Wardrobes, DJ equipment this has been reported to the police.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Ok but that wouldn't normally amount to £24k?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The facts are the facts can you please advise me??????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its been 4 days since I've paid and I have not got an answer can you advise or not? this service is not what I thought I was paying for...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think this might be a frau website please answer appropriately or I have no choice but to report this website and request refund