How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

We have a rising damp problem, it has taken four years for

Customer Question

We have a rising damp problem, it has taken four years for the HA to admit this during this time the damp has got into my wardrobe and destroyed several blouses, to sort out this problem they are carrying out a DPC injection and they need to wash the spores from behind my wardrobe. I am informed it is my responsibility to move this wardrobe and therefore responsible for any damage - could this really be right after all the wardrobes would not have been damaged if they had not taken so long in sorting out the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you. Assuming that you are a tenant of the HA any damage caused by the structural damp is the HA's fault and it is there responsibility to do works to fix it, this would include moving furniture etc. If yo have had to put up with rising damp for 4 years and the HA have had notice, you will be entitled to compensation for this well in excess of the replacement value of a few blouses.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Is there any more information you would like?