How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son no longer lives with me but still has my address for

Customer Question

My son no longer lives with me but still has my address for post, popping in now and again. This week we had a knock at the door for a hand delivered letter. My son came by yesterday and I saw the letter which was from a bailiff recovery company stating he must pay £1400 in full for an unpaid court fine, originally £75. He has until 16th March but I don't think he can pay it. I do not know the name of the company as he has gone again taking the letter with him. He has no possessions here. It's my home. Where do I stand when the bailiffs call
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.He needs to contact the recovery company and discuss the unpaid debt with them - most companies can put into place a repayment plan if he is not able to settle the full debt.If the bailiffs continue to come to the property you do not need to let them in unless they have a high court writ to enter. Even then, they cannot seize any property that belongs to you and can only take possessions that are your sons.Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited with answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.