At my business I have background music. I have paid PRS for

At my business I have background music. I have paid PRS for licence. Recently got a phone call then an invoice for PPL?
Who is PPL and why are they asking me to pay for music?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.There are 2 companies that you need to pay for royalies - PRS and PPL.PPL are genuine and sadly you need a licence for them as well.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for these! In further:
What does happen if I do not pay them? Do I have the options only to pay both and play what I want or pay none and play only royalty free music? Are online music providers like spotify royalty free?
If you dont pay they can take you to Court. Sadly you have to pay both or they can sue you.Online providers probably licence the music from the publishers.
can I clarify anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need to pay for my office as well or only for the waiting areas?
Its one licence for PRS and PPL. So just one.
Does that clarify?Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: