How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7041
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I would like to know how and what to do at the situation

Customer Question

Hi i would like to know how and what to do at the situation when a person i engage to help me to make application to WCC for the certificate of lawful existing use.At that time i had bayr interesting to by my coffee shop,and he was insisting that he wanted my shop to have A3 licence,and that was a condition to by.two weeks later i asked that my consultant not go a head with the process because the bayer pulled out,At that time i already paid him £1000 pounds,he refused to do that but instead he is going to go a head to get the A3 licence for me anyway and that the many i payed him £1000 will be enough to finish it.
I did not have a much choise and excepted that.Two months later asked me to pay him another £2000 because he fished the case.i realaised that he cheated me.after checking
with other consultants for the cost of that job i decided to pay him another £1000 which
would be a full price for the job he have don,but instead he refused and put the case to the court.Now i received the letter from the court that i lost the case in the court and i have to pay him £2800 now.I cant believe the court is saying that when i never been present to the court, and i even never received the letter to attend the court. ithay give me a time until 15 03 16.
can you give me your best advise what to do next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 2 years ago.
You can apply to set aside the judgment against you. There are 2 grounds that you have to show, that you did not receive the papers. The court will often simply accept this but ask for a copy of the Claim form from the court and see what address gas been put on it as it could have been wrong.Second you need to show that you have a defence to the claim.For this you will need to show the court that the agreed price was £2000.00 not £3000.00 . If you have something in writing an e mail or someone who heard the conversation then you have some evidence.It is not enough to say the Claimant is more expensive than others , someone will charge the top price and someone the bottom and the court accepts there are price variations in services.I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael