How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My parents both 68yrs of age, received £20.000.00 by way of

Customer Question

My parents both 68yrs of age, received £20.000.00 by way of a .20yr remortgage paid solely by myself for their property, in 1988, both their names and myself were on the mortgage requested by my father to guarantee their housing for the next 20 yrs on the agreement that they both made a will to passing back to me there 1/3 shares on their demise or when the final mortgage payment was paid by myself. My father died in 1999 transfer of his share was passed to me, in 2008 when the last mortgage payment was paid my mother should have transferred her share to me but never got round to doing it, 2014 she moved into a care home, it was arranged for a solicitor to see my mother to sign a transfer form to release her name from the register, in May 2014, all with the approval from social services. The solicitor refuses to release these papers putting up obsticals in the way, it is now March 2016, could you advise what could be done, Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstOn what basis is the solicitor refusing to release the paperwork?