How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am completing a N180 form small claim county court

This answer was rated:

I am completing a N180 form for a small claim county court case. The question D2 in the form is "Are you asking for the court's permission to use the written evidence of an expert?". I have a quote from a builder who quoted for a cost of remedy work to put the things right for the damage which was caused by the claimant. Should I tick "Yes" for this question? Is the builder's quote a written evidence of an expert?Another question is :
Both my husband and I are called by the claimants as the defendants. However, my husband is not a party invoiced. I have stated this in my Defence and Count Claim form earlier, but the County Court is still asking my husband to complete the N180 form. My husband is suffering from long term depression and will not be able to attend the court hearing. What should I do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.A quote is not expert evidence. This is usually something like a surveyor report, medical report etc.You are not after expert evidence and the quote can simply be exhibited to your statement.Your husband needs to sign the form but does not need to attend to give evidence. He can simply give a witness statement saying he supports your statement.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I am happy with the answer.
Thanks and good luck