How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35062
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been asked to complete a PA53 Consent to Proof of Will

This answer was rated:

I have been asked to complete a PA53 Consent to Proof of Will form. The main beneficiaries of this will are my aunt and my deceased father. There is no explicit provision for myself. If I consent to the proof of will, will my father's share come to me?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat does the Will say should happen if a beneficiary has already died?Who is the Executor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The will isn't a proper one but I understand can be accepted if I and my aunt agree as we would be entitled if my grandmother (who's will be are discussing) died intestate. The executor is by father who is deceased.The will provides a small amount to each of two grandchildren with the balance being split between my aunt and my deceased father.By agreeing to the will and completing the PA53 I just want to understand if it still means that I will receive my father's share.
Given that you have already been identified as a relevant beneficiary then it would appear that there is no dispute that you are entitled to your father's share - that is why you are being asked to sign.However if there is a dispute then you can rely of Section 33 of the Wills Act which means that you are automatically substituted for your father in terms of the inheritancePlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you