How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I own the home in which I live with my husband as joint tenant

Customer Question

I own the home in which I live with my husband as joint tenant with him. However I bought this myself with my own funds. I need to make a will and have suggested changing ownership to tenants in common enabling me to leave my half in trust to my two adult children. My husband is totally intimidated by all matters financial and legal, says the house is all mine, I bought it and he is not interested in nor prepared to consider / attempt to understand inheritance matters (he has two adult sons). Since this is the case, is there any way that he could sign ownership of the house back over to me alone so that I can proceed to make a will fair to all?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIs there a mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it is owned outright. No mortgage