How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am currently living in a block of flats where I pay

This answer was rated:

I am currently living in a block of flats where I pay for a parking space. When trying to take my friends car into the car park I was falsely accused of assaulting the security guard and arrested. I was de arrested after police saw the cc tv.
Following this the head of the management office made a threat and said this is not over.
I have since been victimised by security not opening the gate when I need to get in or out of the car park.
Today I was told I am not allowed to smoke outside my building and then falsley accused of throwing a cigarette but at the security officer. Police again came to my door I refused to talk to them and said arrest me or get lost. They promptly dissapeared.
Do I have a claim against the company for victimisation and harassment.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know if you have you complained to the Landlord/Freeholder about this at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have complained to the landlord and have been advised that the security company who I have the issues with are only in charge of the commercial units and the car park and have nothing to do with the residents. So the management fees he pays does not cover the security team.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to make a financial claim against the company for harassment victimisation and defamation of character to the sum of £50000
I am not happy living in this property any more as I feel unsafe I have a minimum of 6 months left on my contract ton leave will cost me atleast 15000
I have been paying for services like car park which I am unable to use as the gate for the car park is not being opened when I need to enter or leave. I have to drive over the pavement to get into car park which is causing damage to my £40000 mercedes. Also claiming for getting me arrested under false allegations and bringing police to my front door. I earn in excess of £150k per annum and as an IT professional working for financial organisations being arrested can have a detrimental effect on my employment that can last for years.
You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have a claim under the circumstances I have mentioned
I think there is a merit in a claim yes.
Does that clarify?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you