How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi there I lodged a chargeback with HSBC on 16 November 2015.

This answer was rated:

Hi there I lodged a chargeback with HSBC on 16 November 2015. They told me the retailer now has 60 days (it doesn't mention working days)to respond and they will let me know if my dispute is unsuccessful and if the credit needs to be removed. On the 3rd March they reversed the credit without letting me know. This 108 days (or 72 working days) after the initial letter. Can they do this or can I say I will go to Financial Ombudsman and mention the Consumer Credit Act ???
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know what the nature of the chargeback was please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is an extract from my letter to HSBC. I am disputing the fact that I agreed to $7000 to be charged to my credit card.Initially I paid $250 to set up a trading account to learn how to trade in binary options. Jacob Raznik (Onetwotrade) then contacted me and he tried to persuade me to put more money into it. He was quite pushy and eventually I agreed to put £2000 approximately $3500 into it. Jacob then started talking about getting me onto a trial gold account, which starts at $15000 and he said we would go in half half.I did not agree to this and was very surprised to see that they had charged my credit card $7000. If I had agreed to the gold account they should have paid the same in but off course their half, if that’s what I supposedly agreed to, is nowhere to be seen.On the 16th July I emailed Jacob and said that I didn’t agree to this. He didn’t reply. I then emailed back to say that I was raising a dispute with my credit card company. He then told me that he has a recording of our conversation and that I did agree to it and he would hate to embarrass me. I feel this is almost threatening and bullying me into not making a claim.
On what basis are the bank saying you are liable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They haven't told me anything. This is my point. They have just charged the amount again to my credit card !!!
Ok. There is nothing in the Act which says about needing to resolve within 60 days. But you should complain to the Financial Ombudman.They investigate banks and complaints so they can deal with this for you for free. They are based at that does not work you can try a small claim. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** spoken to HSBC who told me they wrote to me in December and tried to contact me but couldn't get though. I have not received anything or heard from them. They are sending out the letter again so will see what is says !
Indeed. Good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you