How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

My name is ***** ***** leaving in Handsworth.the house

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** leaving in Handsworth.the house is private renting.I have shifted from the property in December.but as some of latters has gone to that property which is very important for me as it was from home office n landlord has deliberately opened the latter and rather than pass it to me he pass it to one of my brothers friend...It was private hospital I wanted to make an legal complaint and legal action against him.what cal I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 2 years ago.
Good eveningI am sorry to read about your problem. I will do my best to help.Firstly it is a potential criminal offence for your landlord to intercept and open your mail. You have to prove that he had done this deliberately and without your consent. In Court the Judge will consider the severity of the offence and the damage caused as a result of the offence. You can start by warning your landlord that if he does it again, you will take Court action against him. Do ensure you make arrangements for your post to be directed to your new home to avoid the Landlord using that in his defence that you failed to make the necessary arrangements in reasonable time. Do think carefully about taking Court action because the stress and costs may not be worth it plus there is no guarantee you will receive a favourable judgment.If you decide to have your landlord arrested, contact a lawyer specialising in postal services offences namely under the Postal Services Act 2000, to advise on what your chances are of obtaining a favourable judgment. I hope that helps,Best of luck Kind regardsKrystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it