How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I ama foster carer and I have a child on a full care order.

This answer was rated:

I ama foster carer and I have a child on a full care order. We about to go through the process of an SGO. He is a family of 4 children, 2 were adopted and my lad and his brother were in care. I had my lad as his brother lives some 500 yds from us. Contact was left for us carers to arrange. His brothers carer refused to comply, she was unable to agree for her lad to come to us or meet away from the home together. She said that he did not want it. She also had a voice to stop him seeing parents. They have learning disabilities and did not fight it albeit they have told me when they see us for contact that they are upset about not seeing them and that the Social Services did nothing to back up the contact. We have also fought hard to implement contact with his brother who attends the same school and he refuses to talk. Social Services have not been able to have the bottle to deal with this matter as the carer threatens them and they are frightened about the placement??
We live in a small town and everyone knows each other. I have been approached at the school and other social service members of staff who feel that he is being groomed by the carer, she lives on her own and has made it clear to everyone that nobody will meet with her lad without her being there. He has been told he must not talk to anyone without her.
There is clearly enough examples which would take all day to write, but my question is what do you suggest we do to bring some justice here so his parents and myself are able to confront the carer. Thank you.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask: - have the care proceedings finalised? - how old are both boys?- is the other carer also a foster carer? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The care proceedings were done some 6-7 years ago. My land is 14 today and his brother is 15.We had this problem for 3 years ago, but Social dragged it out to deal with?Yes the other carer is a foster carer. She had him some 6 years now, and she has always caused a problem even before we had our lad, with other carers and contact. Contact with parents is 6 times a year for 2 hours each time.
Hello What a shame it is to hear that the LA haven't helped. Sibling relationships are very important and more so when there has been care proceedings. The bond is really important and should be promoted. In reality the professionals should be listening to the boys, especially given their age, and promoting contact. Once your SGO report is complete and you apply to court - the court can make orders in respect of contact including inter sibling contact. If the LA re not budging then I would recommend that you detail the difficulties that you are having in your court application. The court can order that the other foster carer has to attend court and they can also make an order confirming when contact should take place. If the foster carer chooses then not to comply with the order then you can seek enforcement of the order. The court can sanction non compliance with fines, unpaid work etc. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you or assist you further. Kindest Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Perfect that is what I wanted to hear where we stood. I will do this when we go to court.Thank you very much and goodbye. Diane
Glad I could help you today Diane. I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my service so that we receive credit for helping you today. Once you have a left a star rating - your question will remain open and I will be able to answer your follow up questions for free. Kind Regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you