How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been a housing Association yrs, last year in

Customer Question

I have been a housing Association for 10 yrs, last year in March when i got my yearly rent increase letter i decided to read it properly. ( many years before i use to just file it)
I notice on my rent increase that i was getting charged for services that i don't get. I am a semi detached house that is 8 yrs old. i was being charged for window cleaning, fire risk assessment, emergency lighting, and a few more, i was being charge and additional £7 per week for charges that i did not have or used, i immediately contacted them, and asked them to rectify this, after several months of emails, letters and getting my local MP involved, i finally got a responded, stating they estimate cost for over a year, then refund any balance due back to my rent account in march before the new financial year. How they can estimate for services that i don't get. So I gave the benefit of doubt, hoping that they will be adjust on my rent account and charges have be removed ready for the new financial, and the new rent increase, I have now received the new rent increase. They have added even more services that i don't use. like internal communal cleaning, i am not paying £8 per week for services i don't have or use. What do i do now, i dont what another year trying to chase the housing association, to try and get them to sort, this out, and pay back what that have taken in additional services
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether you have written and complained about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have complained Via email several times, then i put my complaint in writing and sent to head office via record post, so someone higher in the housing association, when i failed to get a satisfactory reply, i asked my local MP to write to them, and they just gave a load of excuse, and send they was dealing with it, it has now been a year, since my 1st complaint about the charges.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You should write to the Chief Executive of the Housing Association and make a formal complaint. I note you say you have complained but you need to write to the Chief Executive.Once you get a response then you can complain to the Property Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and they can examine your complaint at: should resolve the complaint for you.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex