How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My wife had locked me out of the house last week as i discovered

This answer was rated:

hi my wife had locked me out of the house last week as i discovered she had hidden my 3 yr olds passport and birth certificate,so ive had a prohibited steps order taken out as she has dual nationality and undeclared houses where shes from in zambia, my worry is she might take our son there, which is what i told the judge at the short notice hearing that i attended on my own ,we r in court on friday so as she can give her account of events and as to y they should remove this order,and she is also claiming benefits and has poor health condion due to tuburcular meningitis that put her in a 3week coma and was still hopitalised for 6 months and my main concern is should she travel and fall ill or pass away it would be imposible for me to get my son back from her relatives as they would hold on to him as a way of remembering his mum which is customery in zambian u think by any chace she may get the order lifted in court this friday.
Hi, thank you for your question. What are the current arrangements for him? Who does he live with? Have the locks been changed back for the home - as she cannot do this without a court order. From what you have said there is a real risk that if the prohibited steps order is lifted she will leave the country with your son as she has the passports. The court will unlikely agree that such as risk is acceptable and she will need to either prove that she will not be leaving the country, or if she will leave that she will be returning and that there are suitable arrangements for her and your son in Zambia. Given her ill health and your concerns of this deteriorating, it would be sufficient for the PSO to continue.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there was no court order when she changed locks and we had no fights ,i was leaving for work in the evening so she cooked my dinner and told me to kiss my sun and give him a cuddle and without me noticing she had removed my house key and only in morning i realised that she had removed key and then a neighbour caled to tell me that some came to change the locks.
Thanks for confirming - as stated previously she is not allowed to change the locks to the matrimonial home without a court order and based on what you have said there are grounds for the PSO to continue.