How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71156
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

About a year ago a 17yr old boy had sex with my 15yr old daughter.

This answer was rated:

About a year ago a 17yr old boy had sex with my 15yr old daughter. I found out about this & spoke to the boy's mother. I told them they were not to contact each other again or I would report him to the police for having sex with a minor (consensual or not).
I have just found out that they are in contact & possibly seeing each other again. How can I stop this or could I report the original offence??
To be wholly honest, it is not likely the police would act. There has long since been a policy decision not to prosecute where the parties are at a similar age and have had consensual sex. They would probably interview him but they won't charge. I'm really sorry but that is the reality. This is not abuse. They are the same peer group. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
If she lives with you then you can refuse him entry to the house.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you