12826847

My friend in prison was told the police would arrest him after

My friend in prison was told the police would arrest him after he contacted Crime Stoppers following prison inaction after another inmate threatened to rape his sister. This a legitimate reaction? Looks like vindictiveness, wasting police time to me, for something that could be dealt with internally.
Also, Crime Stoppers say they are 100% anonymous, his solicitor says should have been treated as official call & not listened to.
What did he tell Crime Stoppers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That an inmate had threatened to rape his sister. Prison response was to punish my friend by reduction from enhancedto basic while doing nothing about the issuer of the threat. My friend wanted a bit of justice since the prison was punishing him
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My friend in a nasty cat A prison full of drugs, suicides and violence, buthey have time to harrass the man I have befriended who not in for any violent offence _ Id like a bit of justice for him too!
Nothing is ever really entirely anonymous. They are certainly able to trace numbers from prison. They will only have a case against him if the information that he gave is, they say, false. If so, then that would amount to wasting police time and maybe perverting the course of justice. They will have to prove it was untrue though. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello? No rush if youre still there!
Not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About what?
Your last post?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just checking you were still there thats all considering Im new to this procedure!
Yes, the answer is above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont see any answer to my question about my friends pedicament being threatedned with police. This legitimate is my quetion & if not what can he do about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for this. Has he any grounds for saying prison reacting disproportionately in calling police after him recording facts to Cr Stoppers ie prison using its power against him, can he so anything about it?
No, not really.If the allegation is untrue then there is an offence.If not then he has a defence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, ta, 'bye.
All the best