How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Social services are involved with my step daughter. Her ex

Customer Question

Social services are involved with my step daughter. Her ex boyfriend has been in a lot of trouble and is in prison at the moment for an undisclosed crime. The police are very involved as he has assaulted her and her son who is 8yrs old.I found out last night that social services are hell bent on sending the step daughter out of this area changing her and the children names and told her she must not have any contact with any of her family or friends, and if she dose they will take her children in to care.So the 27 years she has lived gets cancelled by a social worker who is hell bent on destroying not one but more lives.What action can be taken as this case goes to court in April and the social worker is doing her best to push to have the step daughter moved away from all the family.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstYou do understand that the issue is the safety of the children?Does your step daughter know what her ex is charged with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the police were looking for him , he was arrested after coming out of hospital. He went to court and has been in prison since approx 2 weeks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clare I have been up all night working so I need to go and get some sleep and can not wait any longer for answer
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
We can resume the conversation at any time so please do not worry if you need some sleep.If your step daughter remains in the area what can you do to protect her and the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I or my partern get back to you later, as she has all the information about this issue.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Of course