How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1437
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Alex, I took my daughter to school this morning and the

Customer Question

Hi Alex, I took my daughter to school this morning and the teacher pulled me aside to say she has noticed a pattern in her behaviour. That she is attention seeking and disruptive on a Thursday. She spends Wednesday nights at her dads and doesn't get fed properly, stays up watching TV in bed and sleeps in the same bed as him - she is six. He has contact on a Wednesday and every other weekend that was decided in court. I want to stop him having weekday contact because of the impact on her education. I have asked the school to write to me and explain their concerns and the pattern - they have said they will do this. How do I go about amending the existing court order so he doesn't have her during the week?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Once the school have written the letter for you - you should first approach the father and ask if he will agree that the weekday night no longer take place. You could offer for him to say take her for tea or have her for a few hours as an alternative. If the father doesn't agree then you would first have to refer the matter to family mediation before you could return the case back to court. There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you. Just give them a call to get the ball rolling. If agreement can be reached at mediation - then great, but if the father wont engage, agreement cannot be reached or the mediator considers that your case is not suitable for mediation - then they will sign the form that you need to apply to court. The court for is the C100 Form. Send to your local Family Court. Court Fee is £215. Detail on the form that you are seeking a variation to a Child Arrangement Order and also attach the School Letter. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you or assist you further. Kind Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today