How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am a special guardian. Am I legally obliged to invite birth

This answer was rated:

I am a special guardian. Am I legally obliged to invite birth parents for school parents evening?
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you today. Short answer - no you are not legally obliged to invite the birth parents to parents evening. In reality - it is important that birth parents are still involved int he child's life - so far as it is in the child's interest. As they still hold parental responsibility they are entitled to information in respect of the child's education. If it's going to be uncomfortable to all be at parents evening together - have a chat with the school about this. They may well be able to offer separate parents evenings and keep the birth parents informed this way. Please do not ask if I can assist you further. Kind Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. I do inform parents of the childrens education and activities. Things are uncomfortable so I avoid any sort of confrontation. Just needed to know as they constantly make threats about court to me.
Hello Thank you for your response. There is a reason the children are with you and not their birth parents. The Local Authority are obliged to support you. If you need assistance - don't be afraid to ask them. You are providing the children with a permanent stable home and this shouldn't be jeopardised by the parents causing issues. Kind Regards Caroline