How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

On the 24th Feb 2016 a KnowHow wagon reversed into our wall

This answer was rated:

On the 24th Feb 2016 a KnowHow wagon reversed into our wall knocking it down however they drove off without stopping. The incident was witnessed by an independent person (friend of a neighbour).
I contacted the Curry/PCWorld customer services straight away and after being sent around the houses I've received a letter today from Gallagher Bassett (Dixons legal representatives I guess) saying that "[they - Dixons] have investigated the matter and that they are not aware of this incident".
They then go on to say that "unfortunately we will be unable to deal with your claim unless you are able to provide sufficient, independent evidence to support your allegation that our client caused the damage to your property".
Can you please advise what my rights are and what legal action I could/should take to bring a speedy resolution ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you in this.For now please let me know the cost of repairing ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't got a cost of repair I'm afraid as we'd naively assumed they would come out and do that as part of their investigations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PS - Here's a picture of the damage. Thanks in advance !
You need to get a number of quotes for getting the work done, this then forms your loss.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of that cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's great, many thanks. No clarification required thank you.Kind Regards.
Have a great weekend.Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you