I made an annual pre-payment local paper. During the

I made an annual pre-payment for a local paper. During the year the price increased twice. Am I liable for the increase, or was my pre-payment a fixed price contract.
What did you agree on the point?Was it just not mentioned?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No mention made regarding increases and my credit card was debited with the years subscription.
Is there an E contract?Is there anything in the small print about increases?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No printed contract seen (now in year 6), website only shows t's&c's for adverts
On the face of it then, they cannot vary it. They seem to have agreed X amount and they haven’t specified a variation can be levied. If that is correct then they cannot. I don’t know whether they are saying they have agreed this or that there is an E contract allowing them to act in this way. If they think they can just levy random variations then they are wrong. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo, Found some T&C on an obscure website. covers the paper (Stamford Mercury)At time of purchase (March 15) the prices were. Cover price. 95p. Subscription 55pPrice increase 01 June 15. £1-05. 84pPrice Increase 25 Dec 15 £1.15. 92pFrom 30 Nov they have billed me £1.05.I now have a letter from Media Debt Recovery (no doubt the back office of Johnson Press - judging by their similar Leeds address) threatening County Court action for £11.65.I can see where the 'plus' comes from in their URL but there is no mention of price increase handling in their t&c'sPlease advise - thank you
Are you asking if this changes the situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I assume your advice is that the situation stay the same.If I am called before the court and,hopefully win, then they should cover my costs?Thank you
They can only rely on that if they can prove that it was drawn to your attention.You will get costs back but only a fixed amount as it will be a small claims court sum.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** more confident about tackling any court action.
No problem. All the best.