How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have entered into a Deed of Trust with a person on a property

This answer was rated:

I have entered into a Deed of Trust with a person on a property matter. He passed away one year ago. I have agreed to pass his interest to the benefectiories under his will. They want to buy the property . I donot want to sell. Do they have a right to buy?
Hi, thanks for your question. As you have a legal interest in the property by having your name om the title they cannot force to buy your share or sell the property. Unless there is agreement, they will nees to pursue a court application to deal with this. At this time the beneficiaries are only entitled to the deceased's share.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you