Good morning I have been employed as a Store Manager at

Good morning
I have been employed as a Store Manager at budgens for over a year now. I have recently discovered that 3 of my colleagues have been stealing from work. 2 of them have resigned pending investigation and the police where called.
The third colleague had his investigation yesterday by my deputy store manager and is currently suspended on full pay. The colleague that is suspended called me up at 10 pm last night and played a recording private conversation between me and a female member of staff.
He has made demands that if these charges are not dropped or the police are called every staff member will hear the recording. We are currently offering voluntary redundancy at work. He has also said he wants money from that pot and made further threats
Where would I stand in this matter from a ligal point of view? Would I be able to take ligal action of this is leaked as this will end my career. And will I be able to take ligal action on the person who recorded my phone call
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello what is the nature of the conversation? I am on the move today so I may not be able to reply straight away
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The clip played to he is a general conversation about my ex partner I did call her a bitch at one point he said he had more recordings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am unsure on what the other recordings may be. But his motive is to get of these theft charges through blackmailing and bulling. I just wanted to know where I stand with this legally as this could be a massive detriment to my career going forward
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry one more questionWhat is the ligal consequences for the girl passing on sensitive calls to the 3rd party? and what is the ligal consequences on the actual colleague from making these demand ?
Ok. But what has he actually said in these calls?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has said that if these pending theft charges are not drop or if the police is called after his disciplinary hearing. He will release those recording to me never of the store though a message. He has also said I need to drop any police and disciplinary hearing and wants to opt for voluntary redundancy as we are currently offering this to colleagues in my shop
Are you prepared to risk him releasing this recording?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No but I can't also risk my professional integrity. I need to do the right by my employers
Well, the right thing to do is to report it. The comments that he has made amount to perverting the course of justice and so you could report that to the police. He will be going to prison for that. Of course, that doesn’t mean he won’t release this recording. He may do so. People do tend to take revenge. If this were a trivial relationship issue I would tell that is a consideration. This is serious offending and not a consideration therefore here. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just the a last thing if it is leaked and my reputation is damaged will he have a law suite to answer to
Not if he is disclosing the truth. The reality is that if there is a recording then there is a recording. Unless it has been falsified there is no challenge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you soo much for your advice I think I will pursue preventing the course of justice will you please be able to retrieve the phone call from last night
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to take calls.I think that request is open to others.