How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I rent caravan space in my yard and I have a client who has

This answer was rated:

I rent caravan space in my yard and I have a client who has not paid for almost 15 months now despite writing to them to request payment. Their caravan is deteriorating and is not worth the value of the debt but is taking up a valuable space. What can i do regarding recovery of the debt (£560) and removal of the caravan?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you said you will seeks a court order? I assume someone is living there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, No, the caravan space is for storage only and I have written advising of both the mounting debt and the deterioration of the caravan.
Anything in writing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I wrote on the 13th October 2015 to advise of the debt, asking them to bring payments up to date and asking them to inspect their caravan due to the deterioration. In the 3 years I have owned the storage site, they have never visited the caravan or taken it out to use it and I have never met them. I took over the rental space from the previous owner of the house & yard.
Ok. Then you need to apply to the court, because you want to take in effect possession.So you need to apply to court for possession and seek judgment on the arrears.Once you get possession then you can sell everything there, if it's worth anyhing to satisfy the debt.But you reed a court order.Can I clarify anything for you?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this 2 separate applications to the court - one for the debt and one for possession? As the caravan really needs scrapping and I want the space to utilize for a paying customer.
No, its one. You ask for possession AND Judgment for the arrears.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, thank you
Great, good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you