How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Alexi'm back :-)Ok submitted my moneyclaim online on

This answer was rated:

Question for Alex ONLY - hi Alex i'm back :-) Ok submitted my moneyclaim online on 19th Feb. Heard nothing further so contacted the helpline today and was advised that a defence was submitted on 26th Feb and that i should have been informed of this. I was advised to check my case online. Which i have done but i can't work out how to escalate things now! i was told that i should have received a form laying out my options. I asked for one to be emailed to me but not received one. What my next move? Please

Hello and thanks for asking for me.Have you seen the defence please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


In the Contract there is a one month notice period for the
termination of the contract. when the contact was completed the
notice was served and the additional money was paid for the month
in question.
(cut & paste from online)

Particulars of Claim

The claimant operates a b&b and the defendant
is a company which hired rooms.

The defendant entered into a contract on
17/6/2015 to let 5 rooms at £1500 a week with
a minimum term of 6 months commencing on

The defendant on 01/09/2015 terminated the

The defendant is in breach of contract and
the claimant claims £5435 due
The claimant claims interest under section 69
of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of
8% a year from 14/12/2015 to 18/02/2016 on
£5,435.00 and also interest at the same rate
up to the date of judgment or earlier payment
at a daily rate of £1.19.
Ok, what will happen now is this:1) You will get a Directions Questionnaire2) D will get a DQ also3) When you send them back it will go before a Judge who will allocate to a small claim and transfer to D home Court if he is in person or your home Court if D is a firm4) The matter will be set down for trial.So there is nothing you do at this stage. You just wait for the DQ to arrive.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

shall i just complete the on line form?

Once you have completed this form please return it to the court at the address shown on

the form N149A, notice of proposed allocation to Small Claims Track

do i just fill out one of those too?

the defendant is a company so it would be my local court - 'Reading County Court'

Wait until you get the "notice of proposed allocation'. You dont need to do this yet.But it will be N180 - but there is no point doing it yet as the Court will send it to you
Does that clarify?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks.

I think that is what they said they would email me this morning!

Thanks for your help again :-)

Happy to help. Alex