How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Alex, I am a landlord trying to repossess my property due to my tenant who passed

This answer was rated:

Hi Alex,
I am a landlord trying to repossess my property due to my tenant who passed on January
I have served two months notice on to her daughters which expires today since they are not paying since January.
The question is what forms do I need to make a claim at the court and how do I address it considering tenant is late??
Will accelerated repossession work in this situation???
Hello and thanks for requesting me.To be clear how many months are they in arrears?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Three months..
Ok. Then assuming you have protected the deposit then you can use the accelerated procedure.You would need to use form N5b N119: Court will consider this on the papers and decide whether to give possession.Can I clarify anything for you about this today pleaseAlex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does it mean I have to use both forms to file the application???
Yes you should.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay Alex.. Thanks for that..
Happy to help.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You forgot to answer the other part of the question on how to address the forms..Personal Representative or Names of my late tenant's daughters???Thanks
I would do it for whoever is in the property at present.If you know their name then fine or persons unknown if you dont
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apologies for late questions..Do I need to enclose tenancy agreement of late tenant??
Yes I would, although technically the tenancy has ended because they have passed awayAlex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that, grateful...
No problemPlease do remember to rate before you go so the site credits me for the time.Thanks in advance. Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you