How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49829
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Under paid from employer years on pension. need a court

This answer was rated:

under paid from employer for 20 years on pension. need a court order to claim back money
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you issued a claim in court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the local authority accept their mistake and have lost my personal information. I just need to get a court order for monies owed with personal injury compensation. I don't know how to do this. Also I don't know how much to ask them for
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not issued a court order
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or a claim. I have a 160A form but don't know the legal format to move forward
You cannot ask for personal injury compensation here – there are no personal injuries. Losing your personal information is not a personal injury and unless you have suffered actual losses as a result, which you have not, you cannot claim anything for that. All you can claim for is the pension which has been underpaid. This is due to you legally and they have admitted to it so this is what you can pursue them for. Form 106A is just a form to assist you with the court fees. To make the claim you need to complete form N1: Guidance notes available here: The amount you can claim for is the actual pensions contributions which are missing and a value for the potential uplift if the pension had been invested properly. This is something which will be quite difficult to establish though and you may have to contact the pensions provider to ask them for an estimate of what the pension would be worth now had these contributions been made and use that as a figure to claim (obviously the difference of what it would be worth and what it is actually worth). I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any legal terms l have to write
No do not get bogged down with legal terms, this is a breach of contract matter so it is common law anyway, you do not have to refer to statutes. Put it in your own words - explain that you were due a pension under your employment contract for example and that this was unpaid, mention the dates and amounts briefly and state that you are pursuing this claim as a breach of contract. Hope this clarifies?
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you