How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son was told he was the father of a girls baby he supported

Customer Question

my son was told he was the father of a girls baby he supported her all the way throught the pregnancy, purchased all of the thing she needed for the baby i., cot pram car seat etc etc and then when the baby was born he did a dna test and the baby was not his.. where does he stand in being able to get his money back off of her for the item some of which he is still paying off by dd each month?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Given that he is not the father he should consider pursuing a money claim against the mother. Initially he should send a letter before claim to the mother outlining the costs that he has incurred with details and request a deadline for her to pay this back. If she refuses or the deadline expires he should pursue a money claim against her, which can be done online here: provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.