How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My friend sold her house in washington DC last september where

This answer was rated:

my friend sold her house in washington DC last september where she as been living for
over thirty years and came to live with me,in yorkshire uk but as been admitted into a psychiatric hospital ,and sectioned under the
uk mental health act, and her tax return should be submitted in the next few weeks,
my question is can i get a form to send to the tax office in washington DC to postpone
her tax return? until she is better or I can get power of attorney if her recovery is going
to take a long time?
Yours sincerely
From a general point of view you should get a power of attorney as soon as your friend is well enough to to sign one so that you can help her with her day to day business. As regards ***** ***** tax return an automatic two month extension can be sought because she is out of the country. She can also apply for a six month extension by completing the appropriate form. Here is a link which will help you: I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to get power of ettorney but her doctor will not sign the
necessary documents,her bank
Will not accept her pension cheques unlessThey are signed by her ,she is not aloud to sign when you have been sectioned .
I Can not get through to the tax
Office in USA l think l have got
The form 2014 FR-127F
Extension of time