How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10973
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Received a letter from a ballife on behalf of a women

This answer was rated:

Received a letter from a ballife on behalf of a women looking for an amount of money concerning a matter in 2006 should I ignore it
1. Dear *****, Is the debt a secured debt or an unsecured debt?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what you mean.
2. Is the debt attached to property or is it simply a money judgment?
3. A mortgage or a charge is where a debt is attached to property.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a money judgement.
4. Then you can ignore it. The time limit on the enforcement of a judgment is six years. So any matter from 2006 is now time barred. So you should write back to the bailiff and tell him it is time barred and not to trouble you again. The Limitation Act applies to give you a good defence to any claim on the judgment. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your expert receives no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you