How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I Have a problem, at the back of my garden i had a land slide

This answer was rated:

I Have a problem, at the back of my garden i had a land slide from a cliff , the cliff is owned by the local council and they decided on safety grounds that the cliff needed to be removed and made safe, to do this they needed to completely flatten my garden , they made me sign licence agreement and promised to reinstate my garden which they have BUT the workmanship is well below standard , the brick walls are not straight , some are loose and the replaced decking is badly fitted and scratched , they have said they will come back and do small snagging but this is a lot more than small snagging , it needs to be rebuilt and relayed correctly, its me against the council and I feel I have no way of fighting my corner , how can I get an independant inspection to prove its bad workmanship and not me being picky as they suggest. please help
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do you know the cost of getting this put right please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Approximately £1500
Ok - you need to get a surveyor and get quotes for getting the work done, send these to the Council.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of those costs within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you , how do I find a serveyor and can I take the council to court over this as they have commissioned the builders to reinstate, not me, thats why I have no teeth with the builders , I can not retain payment as the council is paying !
You should just be able to google one or go here: take the Council to Court
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes thank you
Good luck!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you