12826847
Law

The dvla suspended my license on oct 9/2015 to obtain readings

of blood sugar levels. I... Show More
of blood sugar levels. I had never had an incident of hypoglycemia ...blood sugar level being to low in the 4 years since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes....I cannot work ,I am over £1100.00 behind with mortgage and several other debts, do I have a claim for loss of the right to work and my current financial situation, thank you, ***** *****
Show Less
Did the doctor tell you to disclose your condition to them?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I had a legal obligation to tell them, when I went on insulin
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
any response to my answer
You do not have a claim for compensation. They have to investigate medical conditions that may affect road safety. You do have an appeal though if they are saying they will revoke on medical grounds permanently though.
Unfortunately the delay is typical of the DVLA and cannot be challenged.Nobody has a right to drive in the UK. It is privilege and they can revoke if medical conditions arise that compromise road safety which is paramount.
However, you do have an appeal. You will need to get reliable medical evidence to the effect that your condition under it's current management will not compromise road safety.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
that is understandable,and I fully agree with the law, thank you,....Robert....we may speak again soon
No problem. come back when you like.