How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have permanent registered flats. Blackpool council have put

This answer was rated:

I have permanent registered flats. Blackpool council have put me in a higher band and have taken away my 25% single person allowance. I have lived alone since the death of my husband in 2000. The property next door is also permanent flats but their band has not been increased. I am a 75 year old widow and I feel as though I am being bullied and victimised by the council. They say I have to pay arrears dating from 2011. My payments were by direct debit and accrued no arrears. These are because the council have backdated the higher band change from 2011. They are at present taking £150 per month by direct debit, but when my increased council tax commences on 15.4.2016 at £103 per month both of these payments per month will cause me extreme financial difficulties. I am very worried. Can the council just put me in a higher band, backdate it for 5 years and take away my 25% single person's allowance just like that. Please help. Thank you. Heidi Chamberlaim.
Hello Heidi my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.On what basis have they put you in a higher band please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My phone number is ***** 627076
I will call now.Alex