How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Further to the discussion regarding my brothers estate. The

Customer Question

Further to the discussion regarding my brothers estate. The girlfriend has closed a BT account in his name stating she is Mrs so the letter looks like they were a couple. Also right from the outset all she has wanted is a copy of the death certificate, she can now get access to one but we don't know what she could be up to as everyday she was on the phone regarding getting a copy.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThe death certificate is a public document in any event so she could obtain a copy whenever she wanted.However she has no right to deal with any matters in his sole name so you should ensure that the bank are told about the position as a matter of urgencyClare