This may seem trivial and I suppose it probably is compared

This may seem trivial and I suppose it probably is compared to many cases, but there is someone I see everyday who gives me dirty looks - which can be quite aggressive in a nature. This person does this every single day for no reason. This has bed happening for over ago a shad started to get to me. I feel my adrenaline is up and I'm starting to feel adrenal fatigue which is making me tired and lethargic. I confronted them today and they screamed at me that I'm harassing them and that I'm going after them. I have no idea who this perso is and I just want to be left alone. I know it's trivial but is there anything that can be done to make this person just ignore me?
I am really sorry and I understand that this is annoying and antagonistic but I'm afraid that mere expressions alone are not unlawful.
Dirty looks do not amount to harassment in law. There is just no way around it. Unless a person is doing something unlawful there is no injunction or other order that can be obtained to prevent them acting the way alleged.
I'm very sorry.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But she screamed at me in public today - it's escalating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At what stage does it become enough to do something?
Screaming on one occasion isn't harassment. Especially as it is a response to you confronting them.
From what you say they are alleging that you are pursuing them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I was taken by surprise - I was very calculated. She screamed in my face that I was doing to them everything they have been doing to me. I just shouted back to leave me alone and stay out of my life.
Just ignore them and they will soon get bored.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since we are in our 14th month now it's unlikely. I spoke to the police and they said something about an anti harassment letter - what's this?
A letter from a solicitor usually warning her to desist harassment.Anybody can send those out. It doesn't mean their conduct amounts to harassment but it does mean that further contact will amount to harassment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any other legal angles I should know about? It's kind of why I was asking a lawyer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also the police said they could issue the letter
They can issue harassment warnings but they wouldn't normally do it if it is just one instance of contact.