How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My wife is a Filipina and we live in Cyprus where she is a

This answer was rated:

My wife is a Filipina and we live in Cyprus where she is a registered nurse at a hospice. We want to move back to the UK (I am a British citizen) so that (a) she can work as a nurse and (b) she can apply for UK citizenship. We would like to know the porcedure to be followed to achieve these aims, please.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Nicola, please continue to find an answer.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
1. Dear Jeremy, in order for your Filipina wife to come and live with you in the UK you must show that you have more than £18,600 in annual earnings and she will be not become a burden on the State. If so, then you can get a family permit for your Filipina wife and she can come and live in the UK. Be aware that there is no automatic entitlement to have your wife with you in the UK. It is discretionary. Additionally, her earnings will not count towards the £18,600 per annum threshold. This family visa permit will entitle her to both live and work in the UK. Secondly, after three years living in the UK married to you, your wife will then become entitled to apply for British citizenship. During this period she should not spend more than 270 days outside the UK, nor spend more than 90 days during the year before she makes her citizenship application outside the UK. However, once she fulfills these criteria, she will be entitled to UK citizenship.
2. Here is a link to the Family visa section on the UK government website Here is a link to applying for citizenship for a non-EEA national such as a Filipina
3. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. I've given it 5 star rating but,of course we'll only know its true value when we go through the process,
Regards, *****