How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

FAO. Alex Watts. My company X has done work

This answer was rated:

FAO. Alex Watts. Hello
My company X has done work for company Y at one of Ys customer sites. Ys customer had cause for concern regarding an aspect of the work and Y sent its audit engineer to assess matters. To be fair it transpires that there is a cosmetic issue that X will put right, however Y is now wishing to offset the cost of its audit engineer and is claiming the cost of one day against X’s invoice.
The contract terms as issued by Y do not include anything about offsetting any incurred additional management costs.
Que. Does Y have a right to claiming these costs?
Hello Pete my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was this audit engineer external to Y or an employee please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

An employee of theirs.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

An employee of Y

Then unless the contract says so, this fee cant be recovered. If they wanted it to be recovered in the event of a dispute then the agreement should have set this out. It did not so its clear they did not want it at the time of contract and can't be charged or amended now.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you