How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My landlord has a long a well documented history of entering

This answer was rated:

My landlord has a long a well documented history of entering our flat without permission and when we are not home. He also frequently accuses us to taking and breaking things that either do not exist or are not under our control (like causing cracks to the ceiling). We recently completed the check-out report and expect the results today. I do no expect anything unusual with the check-out but regardless, the landlord have accused us of causing damage and have said that they will not return our security deposit (it's quite a large deposit). We are prepared to go to the TDS as the deposit is in a scheme but I am wondering if it would be better to hire a lawyer rather than present our own documentation to the TDS? Also, I am wondering if the landlord's habit of entering the flat would nullify any claims that he may have? We are American and have lived in the UK for nearly three years. We are not familiar with this process.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How much is the deposit please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello - I'm confused. Why was my question not answered but marked as complete?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello - I have not received an answer or time for a call.