75100385

I am in court on monday,at a hearing,been charged with

Hello,i am in court on monday,at a hearing,been charged with physical abuse of my wife,we had an argument and i slapped her face,its my first time in trouble with the law,and don't know what to expect.I have pleaded guilty and feel that i don't need a solicitor,do you think i am right?Also am i expected to turn up for this hearing in a suit?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you been charged with common assault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
assualt by beating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello?
Ok - then if you plead guilty you get 1/3rd off any sentence. There are 3 different sentencing guidelines: 1) Lesser harm and lower culpability 2) Greater harm (injury or fear of injury must normally be present) and lower culpability; or lesser harm and higher culpability or 3) Greater harm (injury or fear of injury must normally be present) and higher culpability
Given what you have said its likely to be the middle one. The starting point is a Community Order with range from a fine to Community Order. You are likely to get a community order for this.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what do you think i will be sentenced to? It was a slap across the face,and my wife has since asked for the charge to be dropped.Oh ok does this mean that i will have to do some community work?Should i wear a suit to the hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
?
I think you are likely to get a Community Order, for example unpaid work. So yes you will get that I think - there is no risk of custody. Yes you should wear a suit.
Can I clarify anything for you? Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,just one other thing,i have no solicitor,and am just planning to speak to the duty solicitor on the day,do you think this is wise?
Yes that is fine - you dont need one in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again Alex.
Good luck