How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My neighbour is using their house purposes and

This answer was rated:

My neighbour is using their house for business purposes and parking business van outside my house although deeds say cannot be used for business. What can I do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know whether you have complained to the Council yet ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No just reached the point where I'm fed up with looking out my window at a tatty van which doesn't move sometimes for many days. They have another 3 vehicles, 2 cars and another van which is used to store musical instruments etc as the husband is in a group which also park outside my house.
Ok. You should complain to the Council because it could be an offence under the clean neighbourhoods and environment act 2005. He can't run a business on a road etc. In any event he would be planning permission to run a business from home.So you should complain to the Council, they can investigate or prosecute where necessary.You could seek an injunction but clearly there is a cost to that.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will the council disclose my name to the neighbour?
No. That would be confidential
Does that clarify for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK thank you for your advice.
No problem. Please remember to rate my answer before you go, so that the site credits me for the time spent with you. Thanks
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you