How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

SirsI have objected to a claim possession of

This answer was rated:

SirsI have objected to a claim for adverse possession of land and should this be referred by the Land Registry to a Tribunal As a disabled old age pensioner the only asset I have is my bungalow and should any costs be necessary I would be unable to pay such monies. If therefore it goes to a tribunal I could be forced to give up my objection, which I am loathe to do. Could I claim any sort of financial aid ?
Mrs PM Holmes
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Is the adverse possession of the property you are in please? If not, what is your interest in it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Alex-No it is not in regard to my property, it is my neighbours who have guest house properties and wantto gain adverse possession of a piece of land adjacent to my exit to the main carriageway I objectedbased onadvice from Buachaill from " Just Answer" This said they would have needed to have fenced off this landin order to have obtained "exclusive possession. which has never been done. The Land Registry office say they are proceedingwith the dispute process purely on the basis that questions about sufficient exclusivity are not groundless-althoughthey cannot say that such arguments will ultimately succeed..You will understand my dilemma re possible costs.
Best regards *****
Just to be clear its going to a Land Registry Tribunal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex yes if we cannot agree- which I cannot and if the applicant decides to proceed., then the next step is referral to the First Tier Tribunal.
Mrs PM Holmes
Thanks. You can try and get legal aid for this but the rules are far stricter now. If you had meant you may lose your home then its likely you would have been entitled to it. So you need to check.However if you have home or car insurance with legal protection - it may cover you for this type of matter, so again you should check with them.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alex I will do the checks you suggest.
PM Holmes
Good luck Mrs Holmes.I wish you all the best with this.
If I could also ask you to rate my answer today, as I get paid by the site for time spent. If I could ask you to rate 3 stars, 4 stars, or 5 starts. Thank you and have a good weekend.
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you