How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Good morning! I have a question... I am a tenant renting a

This answer was rated:

Good morning! I have a question... I am a tenant renting a property, and my landlord is doing construction to the outside of our building. This has resulted in scaffolding covering my windows, blockage of view, loss of privacy and high noise levels coming from the building. I understand landlords are allowed to carry out repair works, but should they not make the tenant aware before hand? Do I have any support to my argument?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does your tenancy agreement say about repairs please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear AlexThank you for getting back to me. Yes if we could speak by phone that would be great1 My number is *****Thank you
Ok - when would be good? I am about to pop into Court
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Some time after 12pm if you dont mind.Thank you
Ok, I am just in Court so you may need to remind me!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi is it good time to chat?
Calling now. Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex just one more question. What is the difference for us if they got planning permission before we moved in and after?
Before makes it stronger for you because they knew about it and didnt tell you. Its a stronger case for you.ALex