How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

Good afternoon i am going through a difficult time with

Customer Question

hi good afternoon i am going through a difficult time with my partner she has found someone else i have 2 beautiful children with her clodagh at 5 sean at 7 i am afraid she is going to take them back to nigeria how much will it cost to stop her been able to take them out of the country and how long will it take to block there exit are you able to assist in this matter your help is much appreciated in this matter sean
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon Sean Thank you for your message.I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, I will do my best to help.You can apply for what's called a 'prohibited steps order' at Court to stop your partner from taking the children abroad. In the application, you should state that your partner must ask for your permission first before taking the children abroad. The cost of the application if £215. Make the cheque payable to 'HMCTS' (which stands for her majesty's courts and tribunals service). Send it to your nearest Civil Court in the family section. If you deliver it by hand and ask that they deal with it immediately as you fear your children are in danger of being taken abroad without your knowledge, they should action your application right away and advise you how long it will take for them to process it. I have attached the guidance notes on this application and the application form (C100) for you to complete. I hope that helps.Best of luck,Kind regardsKrystel *Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.