How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Under the legal system of England & Wales: Is there a Law or

This answer was rated:

Under the legal system of England & Wales: Is there a Law or Statute (Acts) that states that you must use the same name as given on your birth certificate when dealing with the courts or police? Many thanks.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. In very general terms and without knowing any other facts, the specific legislation and offence you are looking for would fall under the Perjury Act 1911. Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Perfect. Thanks.