How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am getting divorce, my husband will only pay £30.000 for

This answer was rated:

i am getting divorce, my husband will only pay £30.000 for me so i sign off and take my name out of the apartment we own. will this money get taxed?
thank s
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I can confirm that you will not have to pay tax on the lump sum that you receive. Please do be aware that if you decide to invest the money then you will need to pay tax on the interest each year. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today
ukfamilysolicitor and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks Caroline for your answer.
but i am confused. because i will take this £30.000 and put it in a deposit for a new flat to accommodate myself and my daughter.will that be considered investment even when it the only flat i would have after signing off the old flat we owned together?please let me know
thank s