How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have 2 UK born boys, unmarried at the time, but after some

Customer Question

I have 2 UK born boys, unmarried at the time, but after some DNA testing, the mother and I got married. She assured me she had my name added to their birth certificates. I have recently obtained copies of these, and my name appears nowhere. Apparently by law she had to add my name once they became legitimised. She always knew where I was and there was no reason for not adding me initially. I have been paying my maintenance promptly for 2 years, but she refuses that I see my young boys. Can the certificates be rectified, as I have DNA proof.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How old are the children now?